General Duties And Responsibilities
- Adheres to service standards/expectations.
- Answers branch phone inquiries according to the telephone etiquette standards for the Bank.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism when answering the telephone - always returns customers’ calls on the same day.
- Provides service to all customers and prospective customers, following the Bank’s service standards and guidelines.
- Maintains positive interpersonal relationships with customers and employees.
- Meets or exceeds monthly sales production goals for products and services as assigned by manager.
- Demonstrates in-depth product and services knowledge.
- Identifies cross-selling opportunities by assessing customer needs and explaining product features and benefits and explaining how services meet customers’ needs. Identifies and refers business regularly.
- Identifies and regularly refers business to branch management.
- Organizes and balances cash drawer in a timely manner on a daily basis and adheres to the cash limit policy and usage of the 2nd drawer.
- Adheres to and utilizes the BYB Teller Manual that is available in the branch.
- Follows proper policy regarding the processing of transactions: deposits, withdrawals, check cashing, savings bonds, tax payments, traveler’s checks, cash advances, etc.
- Reports to work in accordance with Branch schedule.
- Maintains and adheres to Branch security procedures, follows open & close procedures, and protects bank assets and documents, etc.
- Adheres to Paid Time Off policies.
- Ensures proper work batching, re-verification, encoding, account numbers on checks, large item copies, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned (Fiserv, computer duties).