The Nursery Attendant embraces principles of early childhood development and welcomes member families and visitors alike into an inviting space: a Sunday morning extension of the home. The nursery fosters a sense of community where new parents connect with each other and children grow as part of the church family. The nursery provides a safe, secure, consistent, healthful, and loving environment where parents feel confident to leave their children, and each unique child begins to experience his or her own faith journey.
- Be a loving caregiver to the children in the nursery and to help make it an inviting room for children.
- Work as a team with the other childcare workers and the superintendent.
- Assist the superintendent with sign-in and communication of procedures and policies to parents, including the church’s child protection policy.
- Ensure the nursery is cleaned up after use.
- File an incident report concerning a child that was hurt or sick and informing the parents with the help of the superintendent.
- Greet and welcome parents(s) coming to the nursery.
- Provide assistance during occasional special events held at the church including weekdays/nights and Saturdays.
- Maintain confidentiality in all interactions of all members and guests.
- Attend quarterly staff meetings for training and review of procedures, as needed.
- Comfortable working in a diverse, faith-based, and multicultural environment.
- Use the S.P.I.R.I.T. principles of hospitality when interacting with visitors, guests, members, and staff of Fourth Presbyterian Church.
- Other duties as assigned
- Work experience with infants and toddlers
- Understanding basic first aid, including child/infant CPR training (willingness to become certified)
- Successful completion of a background check investigation, including a DCFS background check
- Available for regular Sunday morning shifts; some weekday/weeknight/Saturday, as needed
- Basic computer skills and comfortable in a Windows operating system
- Flexible schedule; available Sundays and during occasional special events
- Enjoy being with young children and realize the importance of the church nursery in the life of the church
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, especially dealing with parents and children
- Sense of orderliness and cleanliness so that the nursery room appears clean and inviting to all who use it
- High school diploma or equivalent
Please send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.