Basic Purpose -The Buyer will utilize their category expertise and vendor specific knowledge to manage inventory levels for all assigned items, suppliers and/or categories while maintaining service level targets to our customers across multiple distribution centers.
- Delivers on KPI’s for desk specific goals such as: Service Level, Days-Inventory-On-Hand (DIOH), Excess and
Obsolete inventory (E&O) and Spoilage.
- Analyzes economic order quantities, forecasts, lead times, vendor set-up, safety stock, etc., in-order to create efficient
purchase orders with our suppliers.
- Proactively reviews projected out of stock report daily to ensure we deliver on customer order fulfillment.
- Communicates closely with our cross-functional partners to capture seasonal trends and events in the business as well
as drive profitability with accurate costs.
- Partners appropriately with product/category management team to maintain supplier relationships and proper
- Establish sharp communication with internal partners on supplier production delays or order shortages, while pursuing
recovery options with urgency.
- Collaborates with internal and external business partners to reduce overstock, slow-moving and obsolete inventory, as
well as initiate product returns where applicable.
- Utilize understanding of product shelf life and manufacturing dates in the prevention of spoilage for specific buying
- Cooperates with the logistics team to identify and achieve freight consolidation in order to maximize net income.
- Evaluates inbound volume and purchase history to collaborate with warehouse operations on efficient receiving
- Executes forward-buy opportunities to achieve profitability for period or year-end based on targeted goals.
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***
Education/Training: Four-year college degree in business, operations, or supply chain management or equivalent food service industry work experience required
Related Experience: Minimum 3 years of purchasing experience required; food service purchasing experience highly preferred.
Proficiency required in the use of Microsoft Office especially Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as Microsoft Outlook. PRISM and E3/AWR/Manugistics experience preferred.
- Decision making in executing replenishment and inventory management activities.
- Subject matter expert on one or more product category.
- Ability to foster vendor relationships while achieving performance objectives.
- Possesses a high degree of professionalism, tact, and persistence.
- Possesses superior analytical skills and communication skills.
- Possesses the ability to solve complex problems in an expeditious fashion.