Posted 6 months ago
bout Perspectives Charter Schools
All Perspectives Charter Schools will provide scholars with a rigorous and relevant education, based on the ethical principles of A Disciplined Life®, preparing them for life in a changing world and helping them further become intellectually reflective, caring and ethical people engaged in a meaningful life.
All of Perspectives Charter Schools achieved Level 1 or 1+ this year. As one of the first charter schools in Illinois, Perspectives has a long record of preparing scholars for success in college and beyond. Our five schools across the South Side of Chicago offer an education that combines character development and academic rigor through the A Disciplined Life education model.
Our scholars come from some of the most disadvantaged neighborhoods in the country, but they graduate from high school, enroll in college, and persist in college at a rate above the national average. The keys to our success are our dedicated, hard-working, creative, and compassionate teachers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Teach and facilitate A Disciplined Life curriculum
• Masters content area and is able to teach students in a clear and effective manner to drive academic achievement
• Makes meticulous plans for lessons that address higher-order thinking skills, and uses formative assessment to constantly adjust plans based on student needs
• Differentiates instruction to meet the needs of students with varying academic strengths and weaknesses
• Demonstrates effective classroom management skills and builds a classroom culture based on the 26 principles of A Disciplined Life
• Actively participates in professional development and works collaboratively with instructional leaders to improve instructional practices
• Builds meaningful and professional relationships with students and families
• Models The Perspectives Way
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the principal or other school leadership
• Evidence of success working in an urban school environment strongly preferred
• Ability to provide interventions to struggling scholars
• Ability to invest others in the Perspectives vision of school culture and student discipline
• Ability to build relationships with a variety of stakeholders
• Analytical thinking with proven ability to collect and analyze meaningful data to assess school culture
• Ability to read and write proficiently using the English language
• Ability to interact and speak effectively in interpersonal situations and before groups of people
Majority of work will be performed in a general office/school environment. Position requires availability for extended hours plus non-traditional hours required to perform job duties. Also requires participation and attendance at organization sponsored events and meetings.
Perspectives offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package for all full-time employees, including health insurance, dental, vision, paid time off including holidays, short and long term disability, paid life insurance, 403B and the Chicago Teachers' Pension Fund.
Perspectives Charter Schools works affirmatively to include diversity among its workforce and does not discriminate in the selection of its staff on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, income, marital status, or any other dimension of diversity. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for this position.